Compressor & Limiter
The Komit is a streamlined dynamics processor that that combines a super-clean compressor circuit with an old school diode-bridge clipping limiter, for creative tone shaping with maximum flexibility.
- Transparent auto-tracking VCA compressor
- Old school diode-bridge clipping limiter
- Brick wall limiter setting for set & forget operation
- Hammond input & output transformers for vintage tone
A dynamics processor with character
The Komit provides superior dynamics control that one would expect from a studio grade compressor/limiter, along with vintage character and tone to help your tracks stand out in the mix. A transparent VCA compressor is easily configured with a three-position switch to set the speed of the attack & release times, a variable compression ratio, and a makeup gain control. This is augmented with an old school diode-bridge clipping limiter, with ten settings that increasingly clip the input signal for results that range from subtle analog clipping to over-the-top distortion. The limiter can also be set for brick wall operation to prevent overloading digital recorder inputs, and both the inputs and outputs feature vintage style Hammond broadcast transformers add extra warmth to the signal path.
- Channel Strip
- The Komit is the ideal compressor to compliment a 'gold' channel strip. Feed the mic into a PowerPre, an EQ and the the Komit can keep dynamics under control for more professional results.
- Stereo program
- The Komit can be set to stereo mode by linking two Komits together. This is great for mastering. And even though the two units will share the same time constant, independent compression retains the full stereo image.
- Use the key input (via the Omniport on the Workhorse) to automatically duck a guitar track (lower the level) when the vocalist begins to sing. Simply connect the TRS output from the PowerPre into the Omniport key input.
The Komit is a unique dynamic shaping tool that combines a VCA compressor with a diode bridge clipping limiter. Although careful attention has been paid with respect to achieving world-class specifications, this has played second fiddle to delivering exciting audio results. Key to the performance is the way the Komit transitions from soft to hard knee while delivering less than 0.05% distortion in the critical range. And as shown in the Fast Fourier Transform (FFT), the Komit delivers a near perfect cascade of even-order harmonics for the sonic warmth that is characteristic of old-school transformer coupled inputs and discrete analogue circuitry.
- Audio circuit type: Feed Forward with True RMS Sidechain.
- Frequency response: 20Hz~20kHz, -2dB @ 20Hz
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.025% @ 1 kHz.
- Intermodulation Distortion: < 0.1% @ 80Hz/3kHz
- Input Impedance: 9.6k Ohms
- Output Impedance: 140 Ohms
- Maximum Output: +22dBu
- Data Compression: 72mA, ± 16VDC
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov