Portable Desktop 500 Series Power Rack
The Cube is a three module desktop power rack designed to bring the fun and excitement of 500 series modular audio to everyone.
- Desktop power rack houses three 500 series modules
- Compatible with Radial and older API systems
- Provides up to 500 milliamps of shared current
- Optional angles let you recess it into the table top
Desktop power supply
Following the criteria established by the Radial Workhorse, the Cube is 100% backwards compatible with older API modules while being optimized for Radial's expanding range of preamps, processors and routing devices. Construction begins with a 14 gauge steel frame and features dual gold contact EDAC 15-pin connectors for optimal signal transfer. To maximize headroom, the external supply delivers 500mA of current for power hungry modules plus a separate 48V phantom tap delivers a full 10mA of current for microphone preamps. Rear panel connectivity includes standard XLRs for each slot along with ¼" TRS connectors for multiple modules, cross patching and parallel processing. Instead of the traditional 'hardwire patch' system employed by others, The Cube employs an innovative feed function that patches modules together in series without the need of a cable. And stereo modules no longer need to be soldered to be paired, they can now be sync'd together using a simple switch. The Cube is also equipped with Omniport on each slot. This TRS jack enables the module manufacturer to implement a unique function for a given module such as a key input on a gate.
- The ultimate channel strip
- Create the ultimate channel strip by combining your favourite mic preamp, EQ and dynamic processor. Use the PowerPre for absolute clarity to feed a mic into the Q3 for color and the Komit to keep everything under control.
- The perfect guitar front end
- Record your guitar and bass direct using the JDV-Pre. Send the recorded track back out to the EXTC so that you can add effects pedals and then process the return signal through the JDX to emulate a Marshall 4x12 half stack.
- Reamp for the ultimate tone
- Send your pre-recorded clean track into the Radial X-Amp and out to your amplifiers and Reamp to your heart's content! Send the signal back through the EXTC to add effects or add the absolute cool of a spring reverb using the Tank Driver. Boing!
The Radial Cube is a compact desktop 3-slot 500 series power rack that follows the guidelines set out in the Workhorse open-source document (Whos-Doc). This accommodates the very latest Radial modules while being backward compatible with older formats. Regarding the audio performance - there is no audio circuitry other than connectors. The Cube will not impart any color, distortion or artefact. The Cube employs Edac gold plated 15-pin card-edge connectors on the inside and Neutrik connectors with non-tarnishing nickel-silver contacts on the back panel for excellent signal transfer. Each slot is equipped with an auto-resetting fuse to protect the system should a faulty module be employed. A 500 milliamp external supply provides plenty of current to feed the modules and 48V for phantom power.
Circuit type: Connection buss from modules to connectors
Format: Desk top
Number of slots: 3
Input connectors: 3 balanced XLR male, 3 ¼" TRS
Output connectors: 3 balanced XLR male, 3 ¼" TRS
Compatibility: Adheres to the Whos-Doc and VPR Alliance
Feed switch: Yes
Stereo link: Yes
48V phantom power: Yes on all channels
Available current: 500 milliamps
Average current: 166 mA per slot
Card slot impedance: Module dependent
Ground connections: Chassis
XLR pin wiring: AES standard: pin-1 ground, pin-2 (+), pin-3 (-)
Power supply: External 100V - 240V AC with 48V Phantom
PSU Connection: Locking 4 pin XLR female on cable
Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov