500 Series Reamp
The Radial X-Amp is a 500 series module that lets you take a pre-recorded guitar track and send it back to amplifiers and effects so that you can tailor the sound to suit. The advantages of Reamping® are many: when recording, the guitarist need only concentrate on the performance. Working out specific sounds and optimal mic placement can be done later. This eliminates hours of tiresome repetition while allowing the producer to adjust the character of the track as the production evolves.
- Active Reamp® designed for 500 series racks
- 100% discrete class-A electronics for best tone
- Transformer isolated to eliminate hum and buzz
- Easy access front panel jacks & controls
Using the X-Amp is 'plug and play' easy to use. The design begins with an XLR balanced line level input located on the 500 series rear panel that feeds the X-Amp. To ensure the very highest fidelity, 100% discrete class-A circuitry is employed. The X-Amp unbalances and buffers the pre-recorded signal where it then feeds two transformer isolated hi-Z guitar level outputs. The ¼" jacks are front mounted for desk-top convenience and equipped with ground lifts to help eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops. Independent level controls enable you to adjust the drive going to each amp for optimal tone. Should one of the amps be out of phase, depressing the 180º quickly brings both in line.
X-Amp 500 Applications
- Recording a Dry Track with the X-Amp
- Plug your guitar into the Omniport on the Workhorse rack, feed guitar amps with the front panel ¼" outputs and send the dry guitar signal from the XLR output connector on the back of the Workhorse into your favorite DAW for future Reamping!
- Reamping with the X-Amp
- Send the prerecorded clean (dry) track to the X-Amp using the XLR input on your 500 series rack. Feed the signal from Out-1 and Out-2 to your guitar amps. Mic them and record!
- Using the X-Amp as a Distro
- Connect your guitar to the Omniport on the Workhorse. The guitar signal can then be sent to two amplifiers using out-1 and out-2 up to 15 meters (50 feet) away; adjust the volume to suit.
The X-Amp 500 is an active Re-amp device that interfaces the balanced line-level output from professional recording systems with guitar effects and amplifiers. Two active buffered high impedance outputs with active level controls connect to effect pedals and instrument amplifiers. Each output is transformer isolated to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops. Output-2 includes polarity invert for achieving proper phase alignment between two amps. When installed in a Workhorse 500 series rack the user has access to the Omniport connector. The X-Amp’s Omniport is configured as an instrument preamp allowing a guitar to connect and drive the amplifier outputs.
- Audio circuit type: Class-A discrete, transformer coupled
- Frequency response: 20Hz~20kHz (adjusted for guitar signals -5dB@20kHz) w 100K Ω load
- Total harmonic distortion: <0.002% @ 0dBu (20Hz~20kHz)
- Intermodulation Distortion: <0.04% @ 0dBu input
- Input Impedance: XLR: 1.2k Ohms
- Output Impedance: XLR: 600 Ohms
- Noise: -114dB below 0dBu
- Maximum Input: +26dBu
- Voltage Gain: XLR to XLR: 0dB ±0.5dB | Omniport to XLR: -3dB ±0.5dB | XLR to 1/4": -0.6dB ±0.5dB
- Data Compression: 40mA, ±16VDC
- 180° polarity reverse, Ground lift, OmniPort
- Input Connectors: XLR
- Output Connectors: XLR, 1/4"
- Extras: OmniPort configured as Hi-Z guitar input
- Size (L x W x D): Standard 500 series rack format
- Shipping weight: 1.5lbs (0.7kg)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov