Get the rich analog sound of UAD plug-ins over Thunderbolt
The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerator is a sleek, powerful way for Thunderbolt-equipped Mac users to “supercharge” their systems and run larger mixes filled with acclaimed UAD plug-ins. This convenient desktop unit gives you full access to UA's award-winning plug-in library including exclusive titles from Studer, Lexicon, Neve, and more. With improved performance and reduced plug-in latency versus FireWire, UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt is a professional solution for UAD plug-ins, and an ideal DSP expander for Apollo audio interfaces.
UAD: The Industry’s Most Respected Collection of Audio Plug-Ins
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins are integral tools for audio professionals. The reason is simple. No other plug-ins faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment — whether it's boutique compressors and EQs, or vintage reverbs and tape machines. The UAD library features over 90 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio. These plug-ins can be purchased with UAD-2 hardware from retailers as part of bundled packages, or separate from UA’s Online Store.
Expandable processing power, from QUAD to OCTO
UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt is available in QUAD or OCTO models with either four or eight SHARC processors, respectively. It can also be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards and Thunderbolt-enabled Apollo interfaces, including Apollo Twin, DUO, QUAD, and 16 for truly scalable mixing power.
Available as Core, Custom, and Ultimate Software Packages
The Core package includes the Analog Classics Plus bundle, while Custom includes the Analog Classics Plus bundle, and a choice of any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration. The OCTO Ultimate is UA’s flagship package, and includes all 79 UA-developed plug-ins up to and including UAD software v7.8.
UAD Plug-in Craftsmanship: The Science Behind the Scenes
In developing UAD plug-ins, UA’s engineering group undertakes a thorough physical modeling of classic audio hardware — “rebuilding” vintage analog gear in the digital world, component by component. That’s how UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky, behavior of analog hardware — bringing its rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics "in the box."
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via blazing fast Thunderbolt 2 connection
- Access over 90 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Roland, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, MXR and more (sold separately)
- Allows taking UAD plug-ins “on the road,” mixing on Macs with Thunderbolt 1 or 2 connection
- Available in QUAD and OCTO models w/ 4 or 8 SHARC processors
- Gives native systems a DSP boost for running larger mixes, with rich, sonically complex plug-ins
- Available in Core, Custom & Ultimate packages
- -UA 610-B Tube Preamp and Equalizer
- -1176LN/SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers (Legacy)
- -Fairchild 670 Tube Limiter (Legacy)
- -Pultec Pro Equalizers (Legacy)
- -Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- -UA Precision Enhancer Hz
- -CS-1 Precision Channel
- -RealVerb Pro Room Modeler
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), and Apollo audio interfaces
- Compatible with VST, AU, RTAS, and AAX 64 plug-in formats
- Compatible with Thunderbolt-equipped Macs
- Fan-free design for silent operation
Analog Classics Plus Plugin Bundle
Featuring a solid lineup of classic compressors like the Legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild 670 plug-ins, plus EQs like the Legacy Pultec EQP-1A and Pultec Pro, the Analog Classics Plus bundle is a well-rounded mixing toolkit. Innovative new plug-ins like the 610-B Tube Preamp offer authentic tube tone, while the Precision Enhancer Hz plug-in allows shaping your overall mixes. The Analog Classics Plus Bundle is included with the UAD-2 QUAD/OCTO PCIe cards, the UAD-2 Satellite QUAD, and UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt QUAD/OCTO.
Thunderbolt System System Requirements
- Apple Mac computer with available Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port
- Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion or 10.9.x Mavericks
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
- 4 gigabytes available disk space
- Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)