Serious analog sound for MacBooks, iMacs, and Windows 7 PCs.
A simple FireWire connection is all it takes to plug your Intel-based Mac or Windows 7 PC* into the world’s finest analog hardware emulations. The UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerators offer full access to UAD Powered Plug-Ins, including exclusive titles from Studer, Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, Roland, SSL and more. UAD-2 Satellite packages feature a sleek, ultra-portable FireWire 800/400-based processing unit, plus the “Analog Classics” plug-in bundle (VST/AU/RTAS), giving you massive analog character, right out of the box.
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via FireWire 800/400 connection
- Access nearly 73 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Roland, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, MXR and more (sold separately)
- Includes portable DSP Accelerator unit (FireWire format), plus a choice of Core, Custom or Ultimate UAD plug-in packages
- Available in DUO and QUAD models w/ 2 or 4 SHARC processors
- Gives native systems a DSP boost for running larger mixes, with rich, sonically complex plug-ins
- Allows taking UAD plug-ins “on the road,” mixing on Intel-based Macs and Windows 7 PCs**
- All packages include “Analog Classics” bundle featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, and Realverb Pro plug-ins
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Digital Performer and more
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), and Apollo audio interface
- VST, AU, RTAS support; Mac OS X Lion/Mountain Lion and Windows 7 64-Bit Edition compatible
UAD-2: The industry’s most respected collection of audio plug-ins.
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins have been winning over audio professionals for more than 10 years. The reason is simple. No other plug-ins so faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment — from rare compressors and equalizers, to vintage reverb processors and tape machines.
The award-winning UAD library features nearly 73 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio. These plug-ins can be purchased with UAD-2 hardware from retailers as part of bundled “Custom” and “Ultimate” packages, or you can buy UAD plug-ins à la carte from UA’s Online Store.
Workhorse DUO or Professional QUAD processing power, wherever you go.
UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerators are available in two processing levels: DUO or QUAD, with either two or four individual Analog Devices SHARC processors, respectively. This outboard processing can provide a big mixing horsepower “boost” for your host computer — letting you run larger mixes, filled with rich, sonically complex plug-ins — no matter what the rest of your system is doing.
The UAD-2 Satellite can be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards and the UAD Apollo interface, for truly scalable mixing power. And because it’s portable, the UAD-2 Satellite lets you travel with your UAD plug-ins, wherever you mix on an Intel-based Mac or select Windows 7 PC* with an available FireWire port.
Available as Core, Custom, and Ultimate software packages.
UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerators are available as “Core,” “Custom,” and “Ultimate” software packages. The Core package includes the Analog Classics plug-in bundle (see contents above right). The Custom package includes Analog Classics bundle, plus it lets you pick any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration. The QUAD Ultimate is UA’s flagship Satellite package, and includes more than 73 UA-developed plug-ins up to and including UAD software v7.3.
UAD plug-in craftsmanship: The science behind the scenes.
Most people don’t immediately think of audio software when they hear the word “craftsmanship.” But that’s what separates UAD plug-ins from the rest. One of the most common responses we hear from UAD users is, “Wow, I didn’t know plug-ins could sound this good.” That’s because in developing UAD-2 plug-ins, UA’s engineering group undertakes a thorough physical modeling of classic audio hardware. This process means that we essentially “rebuild” vintage analog gear in the digital world, component by component. It’s how UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky, behavior of analog hardware — bringing its rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics "in the box."
* Purchasers must select all 3 individual Custom Software Bundle plug-ins simultaneously, within 45 days of product registration. Purchasers failing to select all 3 plug-ins within 45 days of registration will automatically receive 3 UAD plug-ins of UA's choosing, free of charge (but no more than 3 Custom Software Bundle plug-ins total). See www.uaudio.com for complete details.
** Requires Windows 7 64-bit edition operating system and a qualified PCIe-to-FireWire adaptor.
- Firewire 800/400 external enclosure w/ power supply
- Desktop dimensions: 6” wide x 8” long x 1” high (weight: 2 lbs)
- 2 or 4 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors
- Supports VST, RTAS, and Audio Units plug-in formats
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz sample rate support for all UAD plug-ins
- 14-day full function demo for all plug-ins; try before you buy
UAD Minimum System Requirements
- (Win) Windows 7 64-Bit Edition w/SP1
- (Mac) OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, or 10.8 Mountain Lion
- 2 gigabytes available disk space
- Available PCI Express (PCIe) slot for each UAD-2 card
- Available FireWire 800 port* for UAD-2 Satellite or Apollo
- 1024 x 800 minimum display resolution (1024 x 900 for Apollo)
- Internet connection or optical drive for software installation
- Internet connection required for registration and plug-in authorization
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, or RTAS plug-in host application software
*On Windows systems, Apollo and UAD-2 Satellite require a qualified PCIe-to-FireWire adapter card.
Operating systems not listed above are unqualified. Although unqualified operating systems may work, they are untested and unsupported. Prior UAD software for older operating systems and discontinued UAD products is available at the UA website.