6-Slot Power Rack for 500 Series
The SixPack is a desktop power rack for 500 series modules that lets you mix and match up to six modules and safely power them to create a stereo channel strip or unique signal chain.
- Portable 6 slot power rack with carry handle
- Perfect for stereo channels or as a studio side car
- Powerful 1600 milliamp supply will not sag when loaded
- Workstation ready with front panel convenience XLRs
The design begins with a heavy 14-gauge steel construction and durable powder coat finish. This provides extra durability when moving the SixPack around the studio while also providing better shielding against stray magnetic fields. To reduce induced noise, the power supply is external and connects using a 5-pin locking XLR. To ensure positive contact, the module card-edge connector is mated to a double sided EDAC 15-pin receptacle that is 100% compatible with the old API pin format. Extra safety is built-in to ensure malfunctioning modules will not harm the SixPack or other modules that may already be connected. And with 1600 milliamps of shared current, the SixPack exceeds all others with an average of over 265 milliamps per slot to ensure even the most power hungry tube modules will be satisfied.
Rear panel connectivity includes individual XLR input and output connectors wired in parallel to ¼" TRS connectors. These may be used as mults or for cross-patching various modules together to create innovative sounding signal paths. A set of 25-pin D-Sub connectors enable the SixPack to easily integrate with a Workstation. Two XLR connectors are front mounted and may be routed to the D-Sub or to inputs 1 and 4 to make patching in a microphone more expedient. Extra features include a feed switch that patches one module into the next, a link switch to combine stereo-ready modules and Omniport, a ¼" TRS jack that adds extra functionality.
- Using the Six pack to build a stereo channel
- Use the SixPack's six slots in a 3 + 3 format to create the ultimate stereo channel strip. Combine a PowerTube preamp with a Q4 class-A EQ and a Komit compressor and you have everything you need to get the job done.
- Using the SixPack on the road
- Fill the SixPack for your next session by recording direct using a JDV instrument preamp Q3 coil EQ and Komit compressor. Combine this with a microphone using a PowerPre mic preamp, Q4 parametric EQ and a PhazeQ to phase-align both channels.
- Using the SixPack as a side car
- Build the ultimate analog side car to warm up those digital tracks. Start with two Q4 class-A semi parametric EQs and then phase align the two channels with the PhazeQ. Add an EXTC to bring in a guitar pedal, Reamp out using the EXTC, frequency divide a track using the Tossover.
The Radial SixPack is a 6 slot 500 series rack, intended to be used with all 500 series modules. The design follows the original specifications as developed by companies such as DBX and API while incorporating new features for added flexibility and connectivity. As the SixPack does not buffer or amplify the signal in any way, the specifications are essentially straight wire. Thus it does not introduce distortion or artifact, nor does it introduce any form of personality into the signal chain. As a power-rack, the SixPack is unmatched delivering more current per slot with more features than all others.
- Audio circuit type: Connection buss from modules to connectors
- Data Compression: Adheres to the Whos-Doc and VPR Alliance
- Phantom Power, OmniPort
- Input Connectors: 8 balanced XLR male, 8 ¼" TRS, 25-Pin D-Sub
- Output Connectors: 8 balanced XLR female, 8 ¼" TRS, 25-Pin D-Sub
- Extras: 6 slots; desktop format; 1600 milliamps available current; 266 mA per slot average current; Feed switch; Stereo link; D-sub pin wiring follows Tascam D-Sub standard
- Construction: 14-gauge steel
- Size (L x W x D): 6" x 7.5" x 12" (152 x 191 x 305mm)
- Weight: 11lb (4.9kg)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 9.25" x 11.5" x 15.25" (235 x 292 x 387mm)
- Power: External 100V - 240V AC with 48V Phantom
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov