The PowerStrip is a three module rackmount power supply designed to bring the fun and excitement of 500 series modular audio to everyone!
- Single RU power rack houses three 500 series modules
- Designed to create the ultimate input strip
- Compatible with Radial and older API systems
- Provides up to 500 mA of shared current
Ultimate channel strip
Following the criteria established by the Radial Workhorse, the PowerStrip is 100% backwards compatible with older API modules while being optimized for Radial's expanding range of preamps, processors and routing devices. Construction begins with 14 gauge steel and features dual gold contact EDAC 15-pin connectors for optimal signal transfer. To maximize headroom, the external supply delivers 500mA of current for voltage hungry modules plus a separate 48V phantom tap delivers 10mA of current for microphone preamps. Rear panel connectivity includes standard XLRs for each slot along with ¼" TRS connectors for multing modules, cross patching and parallel processing. Instead of the traditional 'hardwire patch' system employed by others, The PowerStrip employs an innovative feed function that patches modules together in series without the need of cables. And stereo modules no longer need to be soldered to be paired, they can now be sync'd together using a simple switch. The PowerStrip is also equipped with Omniport on each sot. This TRS jack enables the module manufacturer to implement a unique function for a given module such as a key input on a gate.
- Using the PowerStrip as a channel strip
- The PowerStrip is perfect for creating the ultimate channel strip. Combine the PowerTube preamp with the Q3 induction coil EQ and the Komit single knob compressor to create exceptionally warm vocal tracks.
- Recording bass direct with the PowerStrip
- Plug your Jazz bass into the JDV-Pre for exceptional clarity and realism. Then mess it all up (if you like) using the EXTC and your favorite pedals before gently squeezing it using the Komit compressor.
- Using the PowerStrip in Live Touring
- The single rack design makes it convenient to assemble specialty modules to optimize the signal path. For instance; set up a gold channel for the lead singer and phase align the bass guitar or kick drum.
The Radial PowerStrip is a single space, 19″ 3-slot 500 series power rack that follows the guidelines set out in the Workhorse open-source document (Whos-Doc). This accommodates the very latest Radial modules while being backward compatible with older formats. Regarding the audio performance – there is no audio circuitry other than connectors. The Strip will not impart any color, distortion or artefact. The PowerStrip employs Edac gold plated 15-pin card-edge connectors on the inside and Neutrik connectors with non-tarnishing nickel-silver contacts on the back panel for excellent signal transfer. Each slot is equipped with an auto-resetting fuse to protect the system should a faulty module be employed. A 500 milliamp external supply provides plenty of current to feed the modules and 48V for phantom power.
- Audio circuit type: Connection buss from modules to connectors
- Data Compression: Adheres to the Whos-Doc and VPR Alliance
- Phantom Power, OmniPort
- Input Connectors: 3 balanced XLR male, 3 ¼" TRS
- Output Connectors: 3 balanced XLR female, 3 ¼" TRS
- Extras: 500 milliamps available current; 166mA average current per slot
- Construction: 14-gauge steel
- Size (L x W x D): 19" x 7.25" x 1.25" (483 x 184 x 32mm)
- Weight: 6.7lbs (3kg)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 22" x 10.4" x 4.5" (559 x 264 x 114mm)
- Shipping weight: 8.9lbs (4kg)
- Power: External 100V - 240V AC with 48V Phantom
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov