Symphony I/O Mk II’s mic pre module includes 8 uniquely designed channels of Apogee’s Advanced Stepped Gain Architecture™, in which the circuit is dynamically optimized to provide superior bandwidth, ultra low noise and nonexistent distortion across the unprecedented gain range of 0-85 dB. Whether recording powerful drums, dynamic vocals or delicate strings, your recordings retain the full impact, intricate detail and lifelike dimension of the original performance.
Symphony I/O Mk II’s Mic pre module also includes 8 channels of digitally-controlled analog inserts, so that outboard processors like EQ and compression may be inserted into the signal path between the mic preamp and the A/D conversion stage effortlessly. Because the inserts are digitally-controlled from Symphony Control software, any insert can be assigned to any input channel – there’s no need to physically reconnect your outboard equipment to a different insert channel.
- 8 digitally controlled, 85dB microphone preamps
- Upgrades functionality of Analog I/O Module by adding mic preamps to the existing line inputs
- Creates a direct connection between the Mic Preamp Module and the Analog I/O Module by inserting a mic preamp stage before the line inputs
- Selectable 48v phantom power, Soft Limit and phase invert
- 4 Hi-Z 1/4” instrument inputs capable of handling high level instruments
- 8 balanced software assignable analog insert points
- Send 1-8 and Return 1-8 on 2 DSUB 25-pin connectors