XB-142 offers a host of specialised broadcast features that normally come at a much higher price, including telephone communication (telco) channels, mic channel ON switch sensing, stereo channel start/cue outputs for playback device control, automatic muting of speaker outputs and much more.
XB-142 incorporates new features and styling based on feedback from the many broadcasters who have built their operations around the original XB-14. With a wealth of routing options, dual stereo channels for up to 7 stereo sources, and the addition of a dedicated Audition bus, enhanced microphone preamps and stereo channel gain range, XB-142 satisfies the demands of small radio and internet broadcasters as well as larger studios with multiple rooms. With no less than 27 logic I/O for remote control and 15 configuration switches, XB-142 is a highly flexible solution.
- SELF / PRODUCER OPERATED
- Whether you need a mixer for a self-operated broadcast situation, or whether you have a separate studio and engineer, the XB series has features to fit. Separate monitor mixes can be created for operator and guests or presenter, so the engineer can check levels and cue sources while the presenter or guest can listen to a different source. The engineer/producer can communicate to the guest or presenter using the Talk feature, as well as speaking off-air with telephone callers. There is also the facility for remote control of channel mutes from the studio using the remote interface connectors – ideal for studio situated mute or ‘cough’ switches.
- DUOPRE PREAMPS
- The XB-142 pre-amps use a two stage design, with carefully controlled amounts of gain in each stage. When amplifying the signal from the XLR input, the gain range is huge (69dB of range to be exact) and is very evenly distributed around the gain control, meaning better control of signal level. There is no “pad” switch, or pad circuit — line level signals are simply plugged into the second stage of the pre-amp by using the line input jack socket. This has the great advantage of lower noise when using the line input.
- XB-142 comes with a full duplex USB soundcard built-in and many useful routing options for recording and broadcast applications.
- AUDITION BUS
- The dedicated stereo audition bus can be used for auditioning or off air recording. Pressing the button marked AUD on the channels required transfers the mix from the program feed over to the audition bus.
- The two Telco channels provide a selectable clean-feed output (LR PGM, Aux or Audition bus), variable high pass and low pass filters to reduce the frequency range of the channel when used with a telephone caller, and TALK button.
- 4 mic/line channels
- 4 Dual Source stereo channels
- 2 Telco channels
- HPF and 3-band, swept mid EQ on mono channels
- 2-band EQ on stereo channels
- Variable high pass / low pass filters on Telco channels
- Smooth-ride 100mm faders
- 2-stage, padless pre-amp design
- Fader-start sensing on mono channels
- Start/cue logic outputs on stereo channels
- External meter socket
- Separate headphones mix for engineer/producer and 2 guests
- Auto mutes on control room outputs
- Remote mute facility on mic channels
- Configurable USB stereo audio in/out
- Audition bus for auditioning and off-air recording
- Aux and separate stereo busses for processing/recording
- XLR main outputs with inserts
- Input signal and peak metering
- Mono channel Mic input (XLR) +6 to –63dBu for nominal (+17dBu in max)
- Mono channel Line input (TRS Jack socket) +10 to –26dBu (+30dBu maximum)
- Insert point (TRS Jack socket) 0dBu nominal +21dBu maximum
- Stereo input (TRS Jack sockets) 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +10dB)
- Stereo input (RCA phono sockets) 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +10dB)
- Telco channel input (XLR) +10 to –26dBu (+30dBu maximum)
- External monitor inputs (RCA phono sockets) 0dBu Nominal
- PGM L & R outputs (XLR) +4dBu nominal. +25dBu maximum.
- PGM Mono output (RCA phono) 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- PGM L & R inserts (TRS jack sockets) -2dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum
- Aux output (Jack socket) 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Mix B outputs (RCA phono sockets) 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Audition outputs (RCA phono sockets) 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Telco output (XLR) 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- CRM Speaker outputs (RCA phono sockets) 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Mic in to PGM L/R Out, 0dB gain, 1kHz, +10dBu out <0.01%
- Mic in to PGM Out, 30dB gain, 1kHz, +10dBu out <0.01%
- Line in to PGM L/R out 0dB gain, 1kHz, 0dBu out <0.01%
- Stereo in to PGM out 0dB gain, 1kHz, +10dBu out <0.01%
USB Audio CODEC (Coder/Decoder)
- USB Audio In/Out USB 1.1 compliant 16bit.
- Sample Rate 32, 44.1, or 48kHz
- Mic Pre EIN @ max gain 150R input Z 22-22kHz -124dBu
- PGM out, PGM fader = 0, 22-22kHz < -100dBu
- Audition out, Mix B out = 0, 22-22kHz < -100dBu
- Aux out, Mono out = 0, 22-22kHz < -85dBu