8-Channel Dante® Mic Preamp + Converter
The massive weight & tone of classic Rupert Neve Designs studio microphone preamps: now available on your network.
For the last decade, the world’s leading live sound engineers have chosen Rupert Neve Designs as some of the only analog equipment to accompany their digital touring rigs. With mastering-grade 24-bit 192kHz converters and full Dante integration, the RMP-D8 finally offers the live sound world something that studios have always coveted: the sound of Rupert Neve Designs.
Legendary Rupert Neve Tone
The heart of the RMP-D8 lies in the modular mic preamp cards featuring Mr. Rupert Neve’s custom transformer designs. Unlike other integrated Dante mic preamp designs that rely primarily on a single IC for gain & tone, the RMP-D8 has eight fully-realized class-A microphone preamplifiers feeding eight custom audio transformers, maintaining the high standards of Rupert Neve Designs’ standalone preamplifiers.
Where converters are often an afterthought on combination devices, the 24-bit/192kHz converters in the RMP-D8 are a product of years of careful listening.
The precision controlled internal clocking and enhanced jitter reduction enable capture of the full breadth of performance from the mic preamplifiers or the line inputs; with the RMP-D8, there is no weak link in the audio path.
The New Dante Standard
Dante audio networking uses standard IP networks to transmit high-quality, uncompressed audio with near-zero latency. It’s the most flexible, reliable, and easy-to-manage audio networking solution available, and provides the lowest cost of ownership by dramatically reducing cabling and labor costs. Dante is the audio networking choice of nearly all professional audio manufacturers, making it the industry standard for digital audio networking.
The RMP-D8 is also fully DDM (Dante Domain Manager) Ready.
- SIGNAL CHAIN
- 8 mic / line inputs with 48V phantom power, polarity reverse, input pad & high-pass filter controls.
- 1dB-stepped class-A mic preamplifiers with 60dB gain and remote control capability.
- CUSTOM TRANSFOMERS
- Every channel runs through custom Rupert Neve Designs transformers for the larger-than-life tone of Rupert’s classic modules.
- 24-bit / 192kHz Mastering-Grade Converters with precision-controlled internal clocking and enhanced jitter reduction.
- POWER SUPPLY
- Ultra-reliable, redundant power supplies capable of operating anywhere in the world.
- Dante integration with secondary redundant RJ45 network port for reliability.
- 4 dual-channel AES outputs on XLR connectors with gain-compensated secondary output.
- Large OLED display with full local control; accurate and easy-to-read meters.
- APPS AND COMPUTER INTEGRATION
- Compatible with Dante Virtual Sound Card and Dante Via for direct computer integration.
- ROBUST DESIGN
- Reinforced steel chassis for enhanced RF shielding and rugged touring use in challenging environments.
- 150 Ohm Balanced Source, AES Output, 22 Hz to 22 kHz, un-weighted, +60 dB Gain.
- -91 dBFS
- UNITY GAIN
- -110 dBFS
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE
- 0 dBu, Unity Gain, 96 kHz
- 30 Hz to 45 kHz +/- 0.2 dB
- 10 Hz -3 dB
- INPUT IMPEDANCE
- 5.5K Ohm
- 0 to 60 dB in 1 dB steps
- HIGH PASS FILTER
- -3 dB @ 80 Hz, 12 dB/Octave Slope
- -10 dB
- SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO
- 84.4 dB
- DYNAMIC RANGE
- 110 dB
- MAXIMUM INPUT LEVEL
- +25.5 dBu
- SHIPPING WEIGHT
- 17.6 lbs. (8 kg)
- SHIPPING DIMENSIONS
- 22” (W) x 18” (D) x 9” (H) 55.9 cm (W) x 45.7 cm (D) x 22.9 cm (H)
- POWER CORD TYPE
- IEC Standard 3 Pin 18AWG Latching Type