8-Channel Summing Mixer & Tube Drive
The Space Heater is an 8-channel tube overdrive that can be used as an analog summing mixer or as a multi-channel studio effects device, utilizing the tube circuitry for a range of effects from subtle warmth and grit to full harmonic distortion.
Warm up your digital tracksThe Space Heater is a high performance summing mixer that allows you to blend tracks out-of-the-box in the analog domain, with oversized output transformers and vacuum tubes for vintage warmth and character. Eight mono input channels or four stereo pairs are available, with a heat switch on each pair to adjust the voltage on the 12AX7 tube - lower voltage settings starve the tube for a more pronounced distortion effect. Separate Drive and Level controls on each channel give you complete control over each tube circuit, providing a range of tones that allow you to fatten up digital stems or provide a distorted effect on vocals, guitars or drums.
Space Heater Applications
Software insertUse the Space Heater™ on eight individual tracks in your mix to add grit or character. Adjustable LEVEL and DRIVE tailors the level of distortion from subtle to extreme.
Summing 8 or more channels to stereoComplete your final summing out-of-the-box by sending stereo stem mixes to the Space Heater. Mix four stereo stems down to a master stereo output, or link multiple Space Heaters together for analog summing heaven!
With in-ear monitorsGet the natural feel and tone back into your in-ear monitors by adding the natural compression of tube distortion into the signal path. It's like playing in front of your amp without the stage noise!
Recording drumsSet the Space Heater to 25 volts to create humungous tube crunch and adjust the drive and level to suit. Use the individual sends as outputs to feed your recorder or mix down to stereo using the built-in bus.
The Radial Space Heater is an analog summing mixer and studio grade 12AX7 tube overdrive. Its built-in features and routing capabilities allow it to be used in a number of ways. The Heat setting (plate voltage for the tube) as well as the position of the Drive and Level controls will all have an impact on the specifications as we have shown here. The Space Heater can run clean, or run dirty.
- Audio circuit type: Class-A tube gain stage with IC buffers
- Number of channels: 8
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20Khz, +0/-3dB
- Dynamic range: 96dB
- Gain: +33dB@140V, +29db@70V, +27dB@35V
- Clip Level: +26dBu
- Input Impedance: Bypasses: 50kΩ in parallel with your load device | Active: 100kΩ
- Output Impedance: Balanced Output: 180Ω | Mix Bus: 100Ω
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: -70dBu @ 55Hz
- Equivalent Input Noise: 103dBu
- Noise: @ Max Gain: -64dBu @ 140V, -66dBu @ 70V, -70dBu @ 35V
- Maximum Input: +22dBu
- Input Connectors: 1/4" TRS, D-Sub
- Output Connectors: XLR, 1/4" TRS, D-Sub
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis and outer shell
- Size (L x W x D): 17.5" x 6" x 1.75" (44.5cm x 15.25cm x 4.45cm)
- Weight: 8.5lb (3.8kg)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 22" x 10.375" x 4.5" (55.9cm x 26.4cm x 11.4cm)
- Shipping weight: 9.5lb (4.3kg)
- Power: External switching type 100V – 240V AC, 1600mA output with 5 pin XLR
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
IMD vs Output Heat 140V
Distortion vs Output 35V
Distortion vs Output 70V
Distortion vs Output 140V
Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov