THE SMALL AND MIGHTY FIELD RECORDER
SMALL DESIGN, BIG SOUND
With 32-bit float recording, the F3 effortlessly captures the quietest raindrops and the loudest explosions. Its small footprint allows for this recorder to be placed anywhere, as you capture and monitor up to 192 kHz of high-quality audio.
FOCUS ON THE SCENE
When you’re working in the field or on set, sound levels can fluctuate often and quickly. The F3 allows you to adapt to your scene without having to set the gain or worry about clipping. In post, you’ll be able to work with your capture, regardless of extremely low or high levels.
AWARD WINNING AUDIO
Featuring the dual A/D converters and low-noise preamps found in our professional F-Series recorders, the F3 guarantees high-quality recordings in any setting or situation.
The F3 is built with durable side bars, standard tripod mount and slide-resistant rubber feet ensuring that you can mount it on your gear or hide it in any scene. It’s sturdy metal casing and locking XLR connectors is designed for use in a variety of environments.
Monitor your recordings with seamless accuracy as the F3 displays your audio as real-time waveforms.
RECORD & LISTEN
The headphone output allows you to keep an ear on your recordings, plus a line output enables you to go to your camera or other gear.
ALL DAY CAPTURE
The F3 is well-equipped for long location shoots or remote fieldwork, with a variety of power options and massive storage.
With two alkaline AA batteries, take advantage of over eight hours of battery life.
Set yourself up for an unlimited charge via the AD-17 AC adapter or USB power supply.
Use a micro SD card up to 1TB to record over 180 hours of audio at the highest possible sample rate/bit-depth.
30' OF CONTROL
Versatile control options give your production more flexibility than ever. Stay out of the shot and record from a distance of up to 30-feet (10m) using the F3 control app for iOS and Android*.
*F3 control app for Android available Spring 2022.
BTA-1 Bluetooth adapter sold separately.
AUDIO INTERFACE & STREAMING
Connect your F3 to a computer or iOS device via USB as an audio interface and record or stream up to two channels in crystal-clear 32-bit float/96 kHz resolution. The loopback function allows you to combine your computer’s audio with the F3 inputs to complete the sound for your stream.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
- F3 Field Recorder
- Quick Tour
Input and output channels
- INPUTS MIC/LINE (mono): 2
- OUTPUTS LINE OUT: 1
- PHONE OUT: 1
- MIC/LINE (MONO)
- Connectors: 2 XLR (2: HOT)
- Input gain: Adjustment unnecessary (dual AD converter circuits used)
- Input impedance:
- MIC: 3 kΩ or more
- LINE: 3 kΩ or more
- Maximum input level:
- MIC: +4 dBu
- LINE: +24 dBu
- Phantom power: +24/48 V
- Combined channel total of 10 mA or less
- Equivalent input noise: −127 dBu or less (IHF-A) when waveform magnification is ×1024 with 150 Ω input
- LINE OUT
- Connector: 1 stereo mini jack
- Maximum output level: +1 dBu
- Output impedance: 100 Ω or less
- PHONE OUT
- Connector: 1 stereo mini jack
- Maximum output level: 50 mW + 50 mW (into 32 Ω load)
- Output impedance: 15 Ω or less
- Maximum simultaneous recording tracks: 2
- Maximum simultaneous playback tracks: 2
- Recording format: WAV
- 44.1/48/ 88.2/96/192 kHz,
- 32-bit float mono/stereo
- BWF and iXML formats supported
- Recording media: 4 – 32 GB cards compatible with the microSDHC specification
- 64 GB – 1 TB cards compatible with the microSDXC specification
- LCD with backlight (96×64 resolution)
- Connector: USB Type-C
- Use a USB cable that supports data transfer. USB bus power is supported.
- Audio interface operation: USB2.0 High Speed
- 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz, 24-bit linear/32-bit float
- 32-bit float format is supported for firmware version 2.0 or later.
- Mass storage operation: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Dedicated wireless adapter (ZOOM BTA-1)
- 2 AA batteries (alkaline, NiMH or lithium)
- AC adapter (ZOOM AD-17): DC 5 V/1 A
- USB bus power is supported.
- ESTIMATED CONTINUOUS OPERATION TIME USING BATTERIES 48 kHz/32-bit float, 2ch recording to microSDHC card Alkaline batteries: about 8 hours NiMH batteries (1900 mAh): about 8.5 hours Lithium batteries: about 18 hours
- THE VALUES ARE APPROXIMATE. (without headphones, PHANTOM off, LCD Backlight off) Alkaline batteries: about 2 hours
- CONTINUOUS BATTERY OPERATION TIMES WERE DETERMINED USING IN-HOUSE TESTING METHODS. 48 kHz/32-bit float, 2ch recording to microSDHC card NiMH batteries (1900 mAh): about 3 hours
- THEY WILL VARY GREATLY ACCORDING TO USE CONDITIONS. (headphones into 32Ω load, PHANTOM at 48 V (5 mA), LCD Backlight off) Lithium batteries: about 7.5 hours
- POWER CONSUMPTION: 5 W maximum
- DIMENSIONS: 75.0 mm (W) × 77.3 mm (D) × 47.8 mm (H)
- WEIGHT: (including batteries) 242 g
- NOTE: 0 DBU = 0.775 VRMS