Warm Audio WA-14SP
Stereo Pair Large-Diaphragm Transformer-Balanced Condenser Microphone
The WA-14SP is a sequential stereo set of the WA-14 mic, an authentic recreation of the ultra-rare unattainable “EB-circuit” 414-style microphone, the most truthful studio mic of all time. Ideal for capturing the natural sound of performances with minimal coloration, the WA-14 delivers the same sonic performance of its original “EB” inspiration. The WA-14SP provides a stereo pair of WA-14 mics loaded with an all-brass, CK-12 style capsule, variable pad, and three polar patterns, and unlike modern iterations, the WA-14 mics are transformer-balanced for rich analog sound reproduction. The WA-14SP achieves present pianos, punchy guitars, clear overheads, and a natural stereo image, just like the original mic used by The Police, Common, Freddie Mercury, Billy Corgan and countless others.
- Accurate & Versatile: The WA-14SP is a stereo set of the WA-14 mic, an authentic recreation of the ultra-rare unattainable “EB-circuit” 414-style microphone, the most truthful studio mic of all time. Ideal for capturing the natural sound of performances with minimal coloration, the WA-14 delivers the same sonic performance of the original “EB” circuit.
- Balanced Tone, Exciting Mids: The WA-14 delivers clear mids, controlled bass, and accurate high-end emphasis for recordings that stay true to the original performance in the room. The WA-14SP achieves natural pianos, stereo guitars, and clear overheads, all with a natural stereo image.
- Accurate Stereo Recordings: WA-14SP stereo pairs ship as sequential pairs and are tested to be sure that they are within +/- 1dB of each other, delivering consistent performance for stereo recording applications.
- Custom, Solid Brass CK12-Style Capsule: WA-14 mics use an edge-terminated, dual-diaphragm capsule that is custom machined out of solid brass and meticulously spec'd to match the detail and warmth of the original. Unlike later nylon iterations of this capsule, the WA-14 faithfully replicates the clear open top end of the original all-brass CK12 capsule.
- Custom CineMag USA Output Transformer: Featuring a critical component of the original "EB-style" mics not found on current reissues, the WA-14 is built with a custom Cinemag transformer to bring out the full richness and detailed sound reproduction of the CK12-style capsule.
- Pro Recording Features: Each WA-14 mic has three polar patterns (cardioid, figure-8, & omnidirectional) to meet the needs of a variety of recording situations. The variable pad (0dB, -10dB, -20dB) allows the WA-14 to manage variable SPLs and properly balance signal-to-noise for better raw recordings.
- Package Contents: (2) WA-14 Mics, (2) Shock Mounts, (2) Hard Clips, (2) Pleather Zipper Pouches, Flight Case, Stereo Mounting Bar
- Hand-Tested In Austin, TX: Like all Warm Audio gear, WA-14SP mics are meticulously hand-tested and inspected by trained technicians with a passion for making music in Austin, TX USA.