Stereo Passive Direct Box
The Radial ProD2 is a compact stereo direct box developed specifically to address the needs and challenges of interfacing a stereo keyboard to a professional audio system. This passive DI features two independent channels with separate inputs and thru-puts for the artist’s stage amp and two fully isolated outputs for the PA system.
- Stereo direct box designed for keyboards
- Smooth, warm sound rounds out digital edge
- Able to handle huge transients without choking
- May be rack mounted for touring rigs
World class DI
At the heart of the design are two high performance Eclipse ET-DB2 transformers. These deliver 20Hz to 20kHz performance with less than 1.5dB deviation above 18kHz and are able to withstand tremendous signal levels without distortion. Unlike active circuits that overload when the signal exceeds the rail voltage, transformers saturate. This creates a pleasing effect that naturally rounds out the tone, acting like a subtle limiter which is particularly advantageous when interfacing the ProD2 with digital pianos, samplers and drum machines that can produce excessive dynamics. Transformers are particularly adept at eliminating hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
- ProD2 with Stereo Keyboard
- The ProD2 is designed for stereo devices like keyboards. Simple, straight ahead hookup makes it easy to connect your keys to your recording system for great stereo sound!
- ProD2 with Instruments
- Two Radial ProDI direct boxes in one, multi instrumentalists rejoice! The ProD2 is perfectly well suited for bass, acoustic guitar or just about any instrument with a pickup.
- ProD2 with Drums & Samplers
- Driving the output from a sampler or electronic drum machine to the PA system has never been easier. The ProD2 delivers plenty of headroom and lets you connect a local DJ mixer too.
The ProD2 is a high-quality ultra-compact stereo passive direct box that features custom-made Radial transformers. Essentially two ProDIs in one compact enclosure the ProD2 is a great choice for stereo keyboards, DJ equipment and consumer hi-fi systems. Its high-performance transformer has an exceptionally linear frequency response from 20Hz to 18kHz and is able to handle high signal levels without saturation making it ideal for electronic instruments. The ProD2 is housed in an extremely rugged two piece 14 gauge steel enclosure with a book-end designed outer shell that prevents damage to the switches, features a -15dB PAD for high output sources and ground lift switch to troubleshoot noise from ground loops.
- Audio circuit type: Passive, transformer based
- Transformer: Eclipse ET-DB2, 12:1 ratio
- Number of channels: 2
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 18.5KHz (± 0.2dB)
- Dynamic range: 128dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.01% from 20Hz~20kHz @-10dB
- Phase Deviation: 1° @ 100Hz; 8° @ 20Hz
- Input Impedance: 140k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms, balanced
- Maximum Input: +18dB @ 20Hz
- Input pad, 180° polarity reverse, Ground lift
- Input Connectors: 1/4"
- Output Connectors: XLR, 1/4" thru
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size (L x W x D): 5" x 3.3" x 1.8" (127mm x 84.1mm x 45.5mm)
- Weight: .54kg (1.2lbs)
- Shipping size (L x W x D): 6.5" x 4" x 3" (165mm x 102mm x 76mm)
- Shipping weight: 0.61 kg (1.35 lbs)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov