Guitar Effects Interface & Reamp Module
The Radial EXTC is a unique 500 series module that allows you to connect guitar pedals to the inputs and outputs of pro audio equipment, providing the ability to incorporate effects pedals into your mix in new and creative ways.
- Balanced interface for guitar effects pedals
- Separate send & receive level controls optimize signal path
- Transformer isolation to eliminate hum and buzz from ground loops
- Creative tool incorporates effects pedals into your mix
Reamp and mix through your guitar pedals
The EXTC-500 is a 500 series module that allows you to get creative with your effects pedals, using them in your mix on any recorded track. Add a touch of distortion or chorus to a lead vocal, flange on a violin, or fuzz on piano - the possibilities are endless. The EXTC-500 takes the line level balanced output of your recording interface and converts it so an instrument level high-Z output optimized for guitar effects pedals, so you can Reamp any track through your pedalboard with ease. Once you've run the signal through your pedals, connect the output back into the EXTC and it will boost it up to a balanced line level so you can connect directly to the input of your recording interface. The EXTC features Radial's class-A buffer for the best audio quality and transformer isolation to eliminate any buzz or hum - so you can focus your attention on using your pedals in new and exciting applications.
EXTC 500 Applications
- Reamping through pedals
- Take a dry track, send it to the EXTC which in turn feeds your pedals. This is the perfect way to add some extra zest to a vocal track; an envelope follower to a kick; or some wah to that Hammond.
- Adding Growl to a Vocal
- Plug your mic into the PowerPre and send the signal into the EXTC. From there, you add an effect like a Tonebone Trimode using the blend control to mix in just the right amount of distortion.
- Recording Direct
- Plug your guitar or bass into the JDVPre and have it feed the EXTC where you can send the signal through your pedals. Then bring the signal back through the JDX to emulate a speaker cabinet.
The EXTC is a guitar effects interface designed for use inside the Radial Workhorse and other API compatible rack 500 series systems. It features a balanced line level input with variable guitar level send & receive controls for hi-impedance guitar effects. Transformer isolation combined with class-A discreet electronics assures optimal signal transfer. This makes the EXTC the perfect interface for all kinds of effects that otherwise are difficult to use, cause noise or create unbearable hum.
- Audio circuit type: Solid state with transformer coupled effects loop
- Dynamic range: Dry: 20Hz ~ 20kHz ±1.5dB | Wet: 20Hz ~ 10kHz ±3.5dB
- Gain: 12dB - send & receive at maximum
- Total harmonic distortion: Dry: >0.005% 0dB output | Wet: >0.002% 0dB output
- Intermodulation Distortion: Dry: >0.003% 0dBu input | Wet: <0.02% 0dBu input
- Noise: Dry: -93dB | Wet: -84dB
- Maximum Input: Dry: +26dBu | Wet: +20dBu
- Data Compression: 60mA, ±16VDC
- 180° polarity reverse, OmniPort
- Input Connectors: 1/4", XLR
- Output Connectors: 1/4", XLR
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov