Introducing limited-edition color models to commemorate ten years of the KORG nano series
Since the appearance of the first KORG nano series in 2008, which brought new possibilities of “mobility” to USB-MIDI controllers for PC-based music production, these simple, portable controllers have continued to play a role in every musical scene from home studios to large stages. In commemoration of their tenth anniversary, KORG is happy to announce two vibrant color models that will stand out in any DAW-based or hardware-centric studio.
The blue and yellow model is perfect for use with “KORG Gadget,” KORG’s acclaimed DAW software for iOS/Mac. The orange and green model features the look of a popular DAW software used by electronic music producers. People who already use these software titles will be right at home on these colorful controllers, and they will also be of interest to beginners, since a generous bundle of software and discount coupons is included. This enables users to start producing music immediately, right out of the box.
Enjoy an ideal music production system with these limited-edition models of the nanoSERIES2 featuring color schemes that match your DAW.
- Limited-edition color models of the nanoKEY2, nanoPAD2, and nanoKONTROL2
- Choose from two colors: “BLYL” is perfect for “KORG Gadget,” and “ORGR” is a great match for DAW software
- Bonus content included with the KORG Software bundle, ONLY available for purchasers of the Limited-edition colour models of the nanoKEY2, nanoPAD2 and nanoKONTROL2.
- Besides the software bundle included in the regular edition models, now you can get a 20% discount for the powerful music creation software: KORG Gadget 2 for Mac! (Please use a special PIN code supplied inside each carton) Don't miss this great opportunity to save 20% on Gadget 2 for Mac!
- Limited-edition color dedicated cases (sold separately) are also available
Convenient, compact control surface, with easy setup for immediate use
In a body proportioned to fit perfectly in front of your laptop computer, the nanoKONTROL2 provides eight channels of the controllers you need to control your music software. The nanoKONTROL2 also features a dedicated transport control section. The buttons have been carefully selected to be useful with your software, ensuring simple and intuitive control. Many software titles – including major DAW programs – are supported, dramatically reducing the need to make complicated connection settings.
- Low-profile, multi-function control surface
- New track select and marker advance parameters
- Supports numerous software titles including major DAW programs
Complete control for your DAW or software synthesizer
A knob, fader, and three switches are provided for each of the eight channels, respectively assigned to pan, volume, and solo/mute/record. This arrangement is a real convenience when recording automation for multiple channels. There's also a marker button, making it easy to assign marks at important points in your song for more efficient recording and song production. When using a software synthesizer, you can assign parameters to the desired controllers for easy control. For example you could use the faders to control the ADSR of an envelope generator, and use the knobs to control the filter's cutoff frequency and resonance, etc.
Two stylish colors: Black and White.
Each of the three nanoSERIES2 models is available in your choice of bold Black or bright White. Choose the color that’s right for you – match your computer, contrast your console – it all up to you!
USB power for an uncluttered setup
Just connect a single USB cable from your computer to the nanoKONTROL2, and you've got a quick and portable music production system. Power and USB-MIDI data travels down the same wire for a clean, efficient workspace.
Apple iPad Compatibility of nanoSERIES2 (*1) (*2)
Using a USB cable to connect to the Apple Camera Connection Kit, Korg nanoSERIES2 controllers can be used with the iPad, without an external power supply. (*3) You can enjoy iPad App like KORG iMS-20 (*4) along with nanoSERIES2 (*4).
*1: OS4.2.1 supported.
*2: Korg does not guarantee this compatibility, and problems may occur as Apple updates their OS and/or new models are launched.
*3: If you are using a nanoSERIES2 controller for an extended period of time, or are using more than one nanoSERIES2 controller, please use a powered USB hub to be sure there is enough electricity.
*4: The iPad App needs to support to Core MIDI.
Control Surface Plug-in for nanoKONTROL
Control Surface Plug-in for nanoKONTROL2 (Maps nanoKONTROL2 to Logic and GarageBand) This plug-in had been created in response to many users requests from nanoKONTROL2 users. The free download provides direct access via the nanoKONTROL2 to Logic and GarageBand's Transports, Volume/Pan/Mute/Solo per channel, EQ and Effect sends.
* A serious problem has been confirmed with the compatibility of GarageBand 10.3.3 and Logic Pro X 10.4.5 or later. If you are using the nanoKONTROL2 Control Surface plug-in for GarageBand / Logic, please refrain from updating to GarageBand 10.3.3 or Logic Pro X 10.4.5 or later while we work on a solution.
Korg Kontrol Editor software
The nanoKONTROL2 works with the "KORG Kontrol Editor" software – available free on the KORG website. Load it into your computer, and use it to make detailed customized settings. For example, the minimum and maximum values for each control change message can be specified.
Play Today with nanoSERIES2's Software License Bundle
The nanoSERIES2 ships with software licenses and discount coupons so you can start making music right away.
- 8 knobs, 8 sliders, 24 buttons
- Transport buttons: REW/FF/STOP/PLAY/REC, CYCLE button, MARKER button, TRACK button
- Avid Pro Tools
- Apple Logic
- Apple GarageBand
- MOTU Digital Performer
- Steinberg Cubase
- Ableton Live
- Cakewalk SONAR
Software that can be controlled by control change message
Power: USB bus power
Power Consumption: USB bus power: less than 100 mA
Dimensions (W x D x H): 325 x 83 x 30 mm/ 12.80 x 3.27 x 1.18 inches
Weight: 293 g/ 0.65 lbs.
Accessories: USB cable