High Fidelity Microphone Preamplifier
Like the updated m801mk2, our freshly redesigned m201mk2 provides a full serving of our unique brand of audio performance. It delivers massive headroom, ultra-wide bandwidth and a very open, musical character.
The fully balanced signal path has been refined, resulting in incredible dynamic range. A new power supply design provides the lowest noise performance we have ever achieved. This all means the new m201mk2 will translate a sonic picture of astonishing clarity and detail, which captures the essential character of the music being recorded.
Changes over the previous design find the m201mk2 more essential and a bit more paired down. We have eliminated the A/D option as this functionality is now best served buy our current m108 8 channel mic preamp A/D. We have eliminated the M+S matrix and a few other functions to really focused on making the finest, purist style 2 channel mic preamp we can.
These refinements also serve to bring the price down to where even more recording engineers can now afford Grace Design flagship mic preamp performance.
The m201mk2 will bring out the very best in your entire microphone collection. Your favorite large diaphragm mics will sound like they were intended, with detail and texture in extra measure. Your humble dynamics mics will come alive with newfound dynamics and clarity.
Ribbons mics will perform their best with our exclusive ribbon mic mode, which shifts the gain range up 10dB while deactivating 48V phantom power, bypassing the decoupling capacitors and optimizing the input impedance.
The m201mk2 is available to purchase at Grace Design dealers and is proudly covered by our 20 year EON transferable warranty.
- @ 20dB gain ± 3dB 150Ω source 3.2Hz-530kHz
- @ 20dB gain ± 0.2dB 150Ω source 14.8Hz-109kHz
- @ 40dB gain ± 3dB 150Ω source 3.2Hz-500kHz
- @ 40dB gain ± 0.2dB 150Ω source 15.4Hz-103kHz
- @ 20dB gain +20dBu out, 1kHz <.0008%
- @ 40dB gain +20dBu out, 1kHz <.0009%
- @ 60dB gain +20dBu out, 1kHz <.0070%
INTERMODULATION DISTORTION / @40dB GAIN +20dBu OUT
- SMPTE/DIN 1:1 (50Hz, 7kHz) <.0007%
- SMPTE/DIN 4:1 (50Hz, 7kHz) <.009%
NOISE - REFERRED TO INPUT
- @60dB gain 50Ω source 22-22kHz -130dB
- @60dB gain 50Ω source A weighting -133dB
- @60dB gain 150Ω source 22-22kHz -127dB
- @60dB gain 150Ω source A weighting -127.5dB
- @40dB gain 50Ω source 22-22kHz -127dB
- @40dB gain 50Ω source A weighting -130dB
- @40dB gain 150Ω source 22-22kHz -125dB
- @40dB gain 150Ω source A weighting -128dB
- @20dB gain 50Ω source 22-22kHz -117dB
- @20dB gain 50Ω source A weighting -120dB
- @20dB gain 150Ω source 22-22kHz -117dB
- @20dB gain 150Ω source A weighting -119dB
- Default Mode 18-64dB, 2dB steps
- Ribbon Mode 28-74dB, 2dB steps
- CH1-CH2 Over full gain range <0.10dB
- @40dB gain 40Ω source 75Hz-45kHz <3°
- Any Channel @40dB gain 1kHz -140dB
- Any Channel @40dB gain 10kHz -130dB
- @60dB gain, 3.5Vcm, 1KHz >85dB
- @60dB gain, 3.5Vcm, 10KHz >75dB
- Voltage +48V +/- 1.0V
- 6.8kΩ resistor match tolerance +/- 0.1%
MAXIMUM OUTPUT LEVEL
- 1kHz, 100KΩ load +28dBu
- Green Threshold -16dBu Out
- Red Threshold +16dBu Out
- Input Nominal 8100Ω
- Input Ribbon Mode 20KΩ
- Input Pad Engaged 1.3KΩ
- Output 150Ω
- Weight 4.6lbs (2.1kg)
- Height 1.7” (43mm)
- Width 19” (483mm)
- Depth 10.8” (274mm)
- 100-240VAC 50/60Hz 10 Watts max