The New Standard for Protection with Expanded Remote Capabilities
The BD600E+ offers an unprecedented 80 seconds of the highest quality revenue and license-protecting delay – twice as much as other delays. You have the flexibility to customize the delay buffer length from four seconds to the full 80 seconds. Dump can be customized in 1/2 second increments up to 10 seconds. Each time the DUMP button is pressed, only one segment is deleted. For example, if a unit is set to the full 80 seconds of delay buffer, and is set up to provide 8-second dumps, you will have ten separate dump segments. Pushing the DUMP button the first time cuts out one 8-second segment. You still have 72 seconds of delay protection. If this is followed by more trash-talk, push the DUMP button again and you still have over a minute of delay protection. The “sneeze” button momentarily “edits” audio entering the delay, allowing the host to sneeze, cough, or make a short comment without being heard on-air – and without dead air. Your station cannot afford to work without a net. With the BD600E+, you will never worry about running out of delayed memory.
MicroPrecision Delay™ mode allows up to 20 seconds of delay adjustment in real time in 100 nanosecond increments.
For HD Stations, the BD600E+ provides high-quality subsample adjustable delay for synchronizing analog and digital is the holy grail for maintaining a seamless experience for listeners. MicroPrecision Delay can be adjusted on-air and ramped in and out for clean transitions without audible artifacts.
The BD600E+ features expanded remote programmability with 16 bipolar optoisolated inputs which may be configured to drive many BD600E+ functions or as general-purpose delay inputs; 16 open-collector outputs that may be configured to display BD600E+ status indicators or to pass through delayed versions of the inputs; and an RS232 output provides a delayed version of the input, useful for driving a time display or for other control purposes. Any BD600 can be field upgraded to a BD600E+ with the E-Option upgrade kit.
The BD600E+ adds more delay protection, improves fidelity, and expands remote options while maintaining the user interface and yellow DUMP button familiar to all radio engineers. It is the culmination of thirty years of designing and manufacturing highly reliable delays for broadcast. Featuring 80 seconds of delay, 24-bit digital and analog I/O, plus a host of new features, the BD600E+ is the new world standard.
- Microprecision delay mode for HD synchronization
- 80 seconds of delay protection
- USB Remote Control
- “Panic” allows WAV file play back during delay rebuild
- 24-bit AES/EBU digital I/O, with optional wordclock sync
- 24-bit analog XLR I/O
- User-defined “dump” length segmentation
- “Sneeze” button for momentary edit
- Remote control capability
- Easy-to-wire euroblock for remote hookup (on base unit)
- RS-232 I/O
- Programmable I/O
- Remote option offers 16 bi-polar opto-isolated inputs and 16 open-collector outputs
The New Standard for Features
If 80 seconds of delay protection were not enough, the BD600E+ has a secondary backup called PANIC. This plays a .WAV file stored on a compact flash card. While the file – a jingle, ID, or another message – is played, delay is being built up in real-time, allowing programming to continue in safety as soon as the jingle is over. This can also be used for painless entry into delay.
The unit shows not only an exact digital readout of delay time but also has a “quick read” bar graph which instantly confirms “you’re safe” at a glance. The BD600E+ is an 80-second stereo delay unit featuring analog XLR-type inputs and outputs, as well as AES/EBU digital audio inputs and outputs. All front panel switches (except “configure”) can be remoted, as can the status indicators. Both RS-232 in and out are included; four configurable control inputs and two configurable relay-isolated control outputs are provided via an easy-to-wire Euroblock barrier strip.
Expanded Remote Capability
The BD600E+ Extended Remote is perfect for more sophisticated automated broadcast chains. 16 bipolar optoisolated inputs may be configured to drive BD600E+ functions and general-purpose delay inputs. 16 open-collector outputs may be configured to output BD600E+ status indicators or to pass through delayed versions of the inputs. An RS-232 output provides a delayed version of the input, useful for driving a time display or for other control purposes.
- Audio Input Connectors XLR pin 2 hot, true differential balanced, +4 dBm nominal
- Input Impedance 20K ohms bridging
- Full Scale Input Level +26dBu
- Dynamic Range >104dB
- THD+N <0.003 @ 1kHz, -3dBFS
- Crosstalk<-100dB @ 20Hz to 20kHz, -1dBFS
- Audio Output Connectors XLR pin 2 hot, true differential balanced, +4 dBm nominal
- Output Impedance 20K ohms bridging
- Full Scale Output Level +65dBu
- Dynamic Range >108dB
- THD+N <0.003 @ 1kHz, -3dBFS in stable delay state
- Crosstalk <-100dB @ 20Hz to 20kHz, -1dBFS
- SNR 108dB
Recorded Signal Specs
- Frequency Response
- Live or Bypass: 20Hz-20kHz +- 0.1dB
- HD Microprecision Delay mode 10Hz-19kHz +- 0.25dB
- Broadcast Profanity Delay mode 10hZ-20kHz +- 0.1dB (while delay is chaning 10Hz-19kHz +- 1.5dB)
- Profanity Delay Maximum Length
- Can be set to 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, 20, 30, 40, 60, or 80 seconds
- Micro Precision Fixed Delay
- Can be set from .010 seconds to 9.999,999 seconds in microsecond steps
Remote Control Connectors and Interfaces
- Remote Control Inputs
- RS-232 control input and output
- USB Remote Control
- Basic Remote
- 4 configurable inputs (closure to ground)
- 2 relay-isolated status outputs
- Optional Extended Remote
- 16 bi-polar opto-isolated inputs
- 16 open-collector outputs
- RS-232 input and delayed output
- Compact Flash Interface
- Supports Type I and Type II Compact Flash cards for .WAV sample playback and software update
A/D and Digital Signal Characteristics
- Sample Rates 48kHz, 44.1kHz, Word Clock, AES/EBU
- Digital Inputs/ Outputs 2 Channels of 24-bit AES/EBU