ZED-420 is excellent for bands, houses of worship, theatres or AV applications. It has a truly professional feature set, which will fit any sound reinforcement application and professional PA hire stock. ZED-420 has Configurable USB audio in/out makes it easy to capture stereo recordings, 16 mic or line inputs plus 2 dual stereo inputs, 4-band EQ with MusiQ, 4 sub-groups, 6 auxiliary sends and a 7×2 matrix.
- 16 mono channels
- 2 dual stereo inputs with 4-band EQ
- Neutrik mic XLR
- Neutrik 1/4 inch jacks
- Channel insert
- Super wide gain ‘DuoPre’ mic line input
- 4-band EQ with 2 swept mids and in/out switch
- Illuminated mute
- Sound image pan
- Illuminated PFL & peak warning indicator
- ALPS 100mm faders
- 6 auxiliary sends (2 pre, 2 post, 2 pre/post)
- 4 sub groups fed from each channel
- All inputs with level control
- 12 bar meters
- L, R and M main mix outputs
- 2 matrix sections available; can send output to USB
- Individual channel 48V phantom power
- Direct output on every mono channel
- Peak and signal indication on every channel
- Configurable USB stereo audio in/out
- Master level controls on all outputs
- Easy to use layout – all connections and controls on top surface
USB AUDIO FLEXIBILITY
Getting audio to and from a computer easily is now a common requirement for live sound and music production. The way this has been implemented on ZED is super-flexible and super-easy! No longer do you need to fiddle around the back of your PC to get to the soundcard inputs, only to find that the levels are all wrong and noisy. Just plug in a USB lead to your ZED, select the USB routing on the mixer and the device on your computer and that’s it! CD quality audio to and from your PC or Mac. Switches and connection through jack socket terminals provide different send/return configurations:-
1) Main Mix Left + Right (Post-fade)
2) Main Mix Left + Right (Pre-Fade)
3) Auxes 1-2
4) Auxes 5-6
5) Matrix 1-2
1) To Playback input
2) To Stereo 3 channel
ZED-420 features a responsive 3-band, swept mid frequency EQ design which utilises MusiQ – with optimised slope (or Q factor) for equalising individual instruments.
Based on the proven pre-amps from the hugely successful PA series, ZED-420 has DuoPre pre-amps, which use a two stage design, with carefully controlled amounts of gain in each stage. When amplifying the signal from the XLR input, the gain range is huge – 69dB of range to be exact – and is very evenly distributed around the gain control, meaning better control of signal level. Most of the gain comes from the first stage, so unwanted noise is kept to a minimum. Line level signals are simply plugged into the second stage of the pre-amp by using the line input jack socket, which has the great advantage of less noise when using the line input and also matching to a higher input impedance.
- Mono channel (XLR) Input +6 to ÛÒ63dBu for nominal (+17dBu in max)
- Mono channel Line Input (Jack socket) +10 to ÛÒ26dBu (+30dBu maximum)
- Insert point (TRS Jack socket) 0dBu nominal +21dBu maximum
- Stereo Input (Jack sockets) 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +10dB)
- Stereo input (phono sockets) 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +10dB)
- 2 Track Input (phono sockets) 0dBu nominal +21dBu maximum
- L, R & Mono Outputs (XLR) +4dBu nominal. +27dBu maximum.
- L, R & M Insert (TRS Jack socket) -2dBu nominal +21dBu maximum
- Group Outputs (Jack sockets) +4dBu nominal. +27dBu maximum.
- Group Insert (TRS Jack socket) -2dBu nominal +21dBu maximum
- Aux Outputs (Jack sockets) -2dBu nominal +21dBu maximum (Bal Option +4)
- Matrix Outputs (TRS Jack socket) -2dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum. (Bal Option +4)
- 2 Track Output (phono sockets) 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Direct Out (TRS Jack socket) 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 30dB gain +0.5/-1dB 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Line in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz
- Stereo in to Mix L/R out +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz
- Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 0dB gain 1kHz +10dBu out 0.004%
- Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 30dB gain 1kHz 0.014%
- Line in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain 0dBu 1kHz 0.005%
- Stereo in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain +10dBu 1kHz 0.003%
- Analogue Headroom from nominal (0Vu) 21dB
- USB in & out headroom from nominal (0Vu) 14dB
USB Audio CODEC (Coder/Decoder)
- USB Audio In/Out USB 1.1 compliant 16bit.
- Sample Rate 32, 44.1, or 48kHz
- Mix Noise, LR out, 16 channels routed, Ref +4dBu, 22-22kHz -90dB (-86dBu)
- Mix Noise, LR out, 24 channels routed, Ref +4dBu, 22-22kHz -89dB (-85dBu)
- Mix Noise, LR out, 32 channels routed, Ref +4dBu, 22-22kHz -88dB (-84dBu)
- Mic Pre EIN @ max gain 150R input Z 22-22kHz -127dBu