16 XLR Input / 8 XLR Output 96kHz Portable DX Expander
The DX168 is a rugged, 96kHz portable expander for adding remote I/O to a dLive or SQ system.
Each DX168 features 16 mic preamps with independent Phantom Power LED indicators, plus 8 XLR line outs.
The DX168 connects via a single Cat5e cable to the dLive Surface, MixRack, SQ mixer or upstream DX168 via a secure EtherCon port. A second locking EtherCon port is provided for redundant connection to compatible hardware, or for daisy-chaining to a downstream DX168 for additional remote I/O.
The Expander’s rugged design, with hard-wearing rubber bumpers, allows it to be placed directly on the stage floor during performances. Weighing in at just 4.8kg and featuring a sturdy carry handle, the DX168 offers the convenience and portability needed in rental, education, houses of worship and many other environments. An optional 4U rack mounting kit is available which allows installation in industry standard 19-inch racks.
Up to 6 DX168 units can be connected directly to a dLive system – 4 via the MixRack and 2 via the Surface – allowing up to 96 remote inputs and 48 remote outputs in addition to those provided by the MixRack and Surface. More units can be connected via the dLive DX Link card or DX Hub.
Two units can be daisy chained and connected directly to an SQ SLink port, with the optional SLink card for SQ enabling more connections. For a more distributed system, a DX Hub can handle up to 8 DX168 units which can be freely patched to the SQ’s 48 input channels.
- 16 Mic Preamps on XLR with Phantom Power status LEDs
- 8 XLR Line Outs
- Compatible with dLive S Class and dLive C Class hardware
- Cascade mode allows daisy-chaining of 2 DX168 Expanders for additional I/O
- Redundant DX connection to compatible dLive hardware
- Optional 19-inch rack mount kit available
- Plug and Play – no IP addressing required
- Compatible with CAT5e (or higher) cables of up to 100m
- Rubber bumpers
- Carry handle
- XLR Mic/Line Inputs Balanced, +48V Phantom Power
- Mic/Line Preamp Fully recallable
- Input Sensitivity -60 to +15dBu
- Analogue Gain +5 to +60dB, 1dB steps
- Pad -20dB Active PAD
- Maximum Input Level +30dBu (PAD in)
- Input Impedance >4kΩ (Pad out), >10kΩ (Pad in)
- Mic/Line Channel noise 22-22kHz, Direct Out @ unbalanced out
- Mic EIN -127dB with 150? source
- Unity gain (Pad in) -90dBu
- Low gain (5dB, Pad out) -96dBu
- Mid gain (30dB, Pad out) -90dBu
- Mic/Line Channel THD+N 22-22kHz, Direct Out @ unbalanced out
- Unity gain (Pad in) 0.003% -88dBu @ 1kHz, 0dBu output
- Low gain (5dB, Pad out) 0.002% -93dBu @ 1kHz, 0dBu output
- Mid gain (30dB, Pad out) 0.003% -88dBu @ 1kHz, 0dBu output
- Sample Rate 96kHz
- XLR Outputs Balanced, Relay protected
- Output Impedance <75Ω
- Nominal Output +4dBu = 0dB meter reading
- Maximum Output Level +22dBu
- Residual Output Noise -92dBu (muted, 20-20kHz)
- Operating Temperature 0 deg C to 35 deg C
- (32 deg F to 95 deg F)
- Mains Power 100-240V, 50/60 Hz, 40W max
- Dimensions and Weight (Width x Depth x Height x Weight)
- 410mm x 190mm x 185mm x 4.6kg
- (16.1” x 7.5” x 7.3” x 10.1lbs)