Workhorse 500 Series Rack
The Workhorse WR-8 is a trimmed down version of the TEC Award winning Workhorse power rack without the 8 channel summing mixer. This enables those that may not need a mixer to join in the fun while leaving the door open to upgrade in the future.
- 500 series power rack with room for 8 modules
- Upgrades to full Workhorse with optional mixer
- 100% compatible with older API type racks
- Over 20% more current than the original spec
Create unique channel strips
Like the Workhorse, the WR-8 features eight slots to accommodate both Radial modules and other API Lunchbox™ compatible modules. An innovative slide-in tray makes loading modules easy! Rear connections include XLR and ¼" TRS inputs and outputs plus parallel connections via D-Subs. Unlike older API type racks that need to be hard patched, the WR-8 features an innovative FEED switch that lets you connect modules in series by simply setting the switch to suit. This leaves the other connectors open for mult'ing, parallel processing and cross patching.
The WR-8 provides extra power to the modules for more headroom with over 1600 milliamps of shared power for the 8 slots. This enables you to use power hungry devices like tube preamps with confidence. The external supply makes international travel easy with 100V to 240V compatibility and the use of a standard IEC connector. To keep modules safe, the WR-8 is equipped with protective circuitry to prevent mishap should improper connections be made.
- 8 channel live recording
- The WR-8 perfect for multi-channel recording. Simply load it up with 8 preamps and connect your favourite studio mics and DI boxes at will. Use the ¼" TRS direct outs on each channel to feed the recorder and the XLR outs to feed the PA system.
- Ultimate stereo channel strip
- Pair up two Powerpres with Q3 two coil EQs and two Komit compressors to create the ultimate stereo channel strip. For incredible imaging and depth, add in a PhazeQ to channel-2 in order to phase align the two mic channels.
- Reamping & effects
- Creativity unleashed! Rack up the X-Amp Reamper, the EXTC guitar effects router and then pass the signal back into the JDX to simulate a guitar amp. Run it all through the Tank Driver and a real spring reverb for more fun.
The Radial WR-8 is the 3-space rack-only portion of the 8-slot Workhorse designed to fit standard 19″ rack enclosures. It follows the guidelines set out in the Workhorse open-source document (Whos-Doc) to accommodate the very latest Radial modules while being backward compatible with older formats. This means that it will work with pretty much all 500 series modules made today. Regarding the audio performance, unless the WM8 8-channel mixer is added, there is no audio circuitry other than connectors. The WR-8 will not introduce any color, distortion or artefact. As a power supply and connector platform the WM8 employs gold plated 15-pin Edac card-edge connectors on the inside and nickel-silver Neutrik connectors on the back panel for excellent signal transfer. A convenient set of D-Sub connectors has been added to interface with popular workstations. Each slot is equipped with an auto-resetting fuse to protect the system should a faulty module be employed. A 1600 milliamp external supply provides plenty of current to feed the modules and 48V for phantom power. Adding the optional WM*8 mixer brings the WR-8 up to full Workhorse functionality.
- Audio circuit type: Connection buss from modules to connectors
- Data Compression: Available Current: 1600 milliamps
- Phantom Power, OmniPort
- Input Connectors: 8 balanced XLR male, 8 ¼" TRS, 25-Pin D-Sub
- Output Connectors: 8 balanced XLR female, 8 ¼" TRS, 25-Pin D-Sub
- Extras: Adheres to the Whos-Doc and VPR Alliance
- Power: External 100V - 240V AC with 48V Phantom
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov