Frequency-Specific Signal Processing
The Tossover is a unique 500 series module that pairs with any Radial power rack and enables you to frequency-divide the audio signal path into two stems to process the high and low frequencies separately.
- Divide signal for frequency specific processing
- Produce exciting effects by parallel processing
- Create low-pass, high-pass, and band-pass filters
- Choice of 12, 18 and 24dB per octave slopes
Combine with a Radial 500 series rack for dual outputs
The Tossover combines a set of low-pass and high-pass filters, each with variable frequency, amplitude, and slope settings. Each filter can be accessed individually, or used in combination for a band-pass effect. When used with a Radial power rack such as the PowerStrip or the Workhorse, the Tossover is doubly useful, as the Omniport output common to these racks allows you to divide one signal into two - opening up the option for parallel processing where the low and high frequencies are processed separately. This enables you to split a bass track and process the low frequency stem using a compressor while processing the high frequencies with an effect like a tube distortion pedal, blending the two stems together later to create new and exciting effects.
- Using the Tossover on a vocal track
- Use the Tossover high-pass filter to extract the high end and process it using the EXTC with a Tonebone Classic distortion to add character. Mix the effect with dry signal from the PowerPre as needed.
- Using the Tossover on a bass guitar
- When used inside a Workhorse, the Tossover lets you split the signal so that you can process each stem individually. Add EQ and compression to the low frequencies while flanging the top end separately.
- Using the Tossover on a keyboard
- Create uber-realistic Leslie effects by sending your favourite Hammond patch into the Tossover and then processing the bottom end with a slow flanger and the top with a chorus pedal.
The Tossover is a 500 series two-way crossover module that may be used to split off desired frequencies for processing or as a high-pass or low-pass filter. Each band features a choice of 12, 18 or 24 dB/octave filter slopes, variable cut-off frequency and level controls. The two filters may be used separately or combined to create a band-pass filter. Designed to interface with line level devices, the Tossover exhibits less than 0.001% distortion at all frequencies while producing less than 120dB of self-noise to deliver exceptionally linear, color-free signal transfer.
- Frequency response: <20Hz to >20KHz
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.002%
- Input Impedance: 20K Ohms
- Equivalent Input Noise: -95dBu
- Maximum Input: +12dBu
- Maximum Output: +20dBu
- Output Connectors: 4 balanced TRS outputs
- Extras: Filter slope: 12, 18, or 24dB per octave; 85Hz to 4000 Hz filter frequency range (low pass); 130Hz to 5000Hz filter frequency range (high pass)
- Construction: 14-gauge steel
- Size (L x W x D): 9" x 6.25" x 2" (228 x 159 x 51mm)
- Weight: 1.5lb (0.7Kg)
- Power: 85mA maximum
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov