Induction Coil EQ
The Q3 is a spectacular sounding induction coil EQ designed to accentuate the character of any voice or instrument, with unique EQ presets that can be used in thousands of different combinations.
- Induction coil EQ with unique preset curves at each setting
- A stunning combination of over 10,000 tonal variations
- Color your sound with warmth and detail
- Compatible with all standard 500 series racks
Explore endless tonal options
The Q3 features four easy to use controls: top-end boost, mid-range cut, low frequency bass boost and gain make-up to offset the signal loss that occurs when using passive equalization. Each of the three EQ bands employs a 12 position switch with a different preset curve at each position. These are carefully crafted to introduce subtle accents, huge hype and warm sounding cuts that will flatter and enthral. Each EQ setting is augmented with a miniature toggle switch that enables you to attenuate the curve for more subtle effects to deliver a total of over 10,000 combinations of tonal bliss.
- Using the Q3 in a channel strip
- The Q3 is all about bringing fat tones and excitement to your music. Combine the Q3 with a PowerPre EQ and Komit compressor to create the ultimate channel strip. Adjust the lows, smooth out the mids, add shimmer to the highs...
- Using the Q3 live as a gold channel
- The easiest way to make an artist feel like a prima-donna is to give them amazing sound on their vocal mic. Combine the warmth of a PowerTube with the excitement of the Q3 and you will find yourself showered with flowers! Add an EXTC for special effects!
- Using the Q3 on an instrument
- Adding extra spark to an acoustic or more punch to a bass are the hallmarks of great sounding, memorable recordings. The Q3's preset curves make it easy to find and recreate magical 'signature' curves. Just dial in your favourite 3-11-4 combination and presto... instant you.
The Q3 specifications shown below provide the engineer with basic data such as noise and distortion. To truly understand the ‘functionality’ of the device, one is better served by reviewing the various frequency curves that are shown on the using page. Or better yet… by actually listening the effect of the Q3 on voice, instruments and various program material. The Radial Q3 is not about clinical – it is about creatively applying the effect of a coil to add excitement to your music.
- Audio circuit type: Coil/Capacitor/Resistive Boost and Cut Filters
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20KHz +/- 1dB in non EQ positions
- Dynamic range: 112dB
- Gain: 7dB (maximum output, no filters)
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.003% @ -0dBu @ 1kHz
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.002% (0dBu input)
- Input Impedance: 12k Ohms, balanced
- Output Impedance: 440 Ohms balanced
- Noise: -90dBu filters off (-87dBu filters on)
- Maximum Input: +20dBu
- Data Compression: 25mA
- Extras: -3dB @ 150Hz High pass filter; API and WHOS-Doc Compliant
- Construction: 14-gauge steel
- Size (L x W x D): 9" x 6.25" x 2" (228 x 159 x 51mm
- Weight: 1.5lbs (0.7kg)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov