Amplifier Interface and Cabinet Simulator
The JDX-500 is a 500 series guitar amplifier interface that allows you to capture the tone of a guitar amp and cabinet without the need for a microphone.
- Guitar amp interface and cabinet simulator
- Direct amp recording without a microphone
- Works equally well on electric guitar and bass
- Delivers consistent tone every time
Record the tone of your amp without a microphone
The JDX-500 makes it easy to get a consistent and natural sounding amp recording by taking a feed directly from your amplifier and employing Radial's popular JDX speaker emulation, producing an effect similar to placing a dynamic microphone in front of a 4x12 half stack cabinet. This gives you the same tone for every recording session, without forcing you to rely on the same microphones to be available, or spending valuable studio time fiddling with mic placement to match previous recordings. The JDX-500 delivers the sound of your amp without any fuss, simplifying your recording setup without sacrificing on tone.
JDX 500 Applications
- Direct Recording with the JDX
- Plug your guitar into some pedals, send the signal to the JDX to take advantage of the advanced multistage filter. No amps or mics to set up. Instant gratification!
- Using the JDX with your Amp
- This is where real tone fanatics live! The JDX Reactor captures the sound of the head and the back impulse from the speaker cabinet. You enjoy natural consistent tone.
- Combine the JDX with a Mic
- Capture the direct sound and mix it with a mic in the room for huge guitar tones. Move the mic around or combine the direct feed with a Phazer. Addictive!
In many ways, printing out the specifications of the JDX is a moot point. The Radial JDX has been designed to ‘sound good’ by emulating the sonic character of a guitar amp and a 4×12 speaker cabinet with a dynamic mic positioned inches away from the cone. In other words, the JDX sound has absolutely nothing to do with a ‘flat frequency response’ or the typical specifications that engineers will consider. It is in fact the opposite. We have however taken the time to minimize distortion so that the JDX delivers the signal correctly without introducing noise. We also felt it worthwhile to show you the resulting EQ curves so you can get a first hand view of how we will ruin your sound! Have fun!
- Audio circuit type: 100% Class-A discrete, transformer coupled
- Frequency response: Custom multistage band-pass filter
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.004% @ +4dBu
- Intermodulation Distortion: >0.015 @ +15dBu
- Noise: -100dBU @ 1kHz
- 180° polarity reverse, Ground lift, LPF, OmniPort
- Construction: 14-gauge steel
- Size (L x W x D): 9" x 6.25" x 2" (228 x 159 x 51mm)
- Weight: 1.5lbs (0.7Kg)
- Power: 80mA, +/-16VDC
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov