A KEY STAPLE FOR THE MOST DEMANDING PROFESSIONALS
Clear Professional headphones represent the essential tool for the most demanding professional. The only objective: to be the ultimate tool for high quality playback. The open-back circum-aural headphones incorporate remarkable evolution of the speaker and an extremely opened design aiming to make the headphones disappear, for the benefit of the sound.
- Professional open-back headphones
- Remarkable tonal balance over the entire spectrum
- Bass articulation, down to the very lowest frequencies
- Great detail in the high frequencies
- A listening experience very close to a pair of monitor speakers.
- Comfort and ergonomics
- 2 cables supplied to meet all types of use (mixing deck, audio interface, laptop computer)
- Rigid carrying case supplied, with space to store an iLok® key (not supplied)
Clear Professional headphones introduce an evolution of the Focal totally open-back full-range speaker. Their M-profile Aluminium/Magnesium dome has a new copper coil which, combined with the absence of vents, provides total dynamic respect over the entire audio spectrum, with an extremely well defined and always controlled bass. The very low-mass speaker moving parts mean that these headphones reproduce the finest details in the higher frequencies. Turning to the headband and yokes, their design ensures that the headphones are in full contact with the head, for optimal comfort.
The new generation of perforated microfiber ear cushions provides an extremely open design. Clear Professional headphones are so comfortable that you forget you are wearing them and the listening experience, the equal of the best monitor speakers, takes over.
Precision is in the detail
- UNVEILED SECRETS
Clear Professional uses a new generation of Focal 40 mm full-range speaker. An unsupported copper coil has been developed to achieve an extremely high magnetic field. With this, the moving parts are always under control, even at maximum capacity, providing bass articulation worthy of the best subwoofers. Its 55 Ohm impedance makes Clear Professional easy to drive, even in a mobile configuration, directly connected to the headphone output of a laptop.
The exceptional impulse response with break-up raised to 24 kHz allows extremely linear high frequencies and totally respected transients. Clear Professional is capable of precisely revealing the minutest details of the recording, proving extremely precise control.
Making the headphones disappear
- MUSIC REVEALED
The design of Clear Professional solves the sensation of space reduction, thanks to their new microfiber ear cushions. Their one-millimeter diameter micro-perforations on edge give a level of openness that is unbeatable at this price range. The listening experience in the room, rather than through headphones, is intensified.
The second benefit to this design is its extreme tolerance to ear cushion positioning, regardless of head profile and size. This degree of openness also provides the benefit of excellent definition of upper bass and low midrange registers, typically where headphones usually struggle their limits in comparison with monitors.
35 years’ know-how
- IN THE SERVICE OF THE ACOUSTIC ABSOLUTE
What makes headphones significantly different from that from monitors is the wave-form generated by the loudspeaker and the listening distance. In order to achieve a plane wave in close nearfield, the shaping of the dome had to be rethought carefully because of the few centimeters of distance inside it.
35 years of experience have resulted in a new generation of domes, launched on Elear and Utopia headphones: the M-profile dome. Formed of an Aluminum/Magnesium alloy, it offers an ideal ratio, combining low mass, high rigidity and excellent damping. It is when you listen that you understand the full meaning of "M" geometry: breadth and dynamics worthy of the best monitors are truly offered.
- Rigid carrying case. Thermoformed shell in the shape of the headphones. Can store one cable and an iLok® key (not provided)
- Two OFC copper 24AWG cables with a very low resistance.
- 1 x 5m spiral for domestic use
- 1 x 1.2m cable fitted with a 3.5mm stereo jack connector
- - 3.5mm and 6.35mm jack adapter
Optional: Specifically designed stand
- Type Circum-aural open-back headphones
- Impedance 55 Ohms
- Sensitivity 104dB SPL / 1mW @ 1kHz
- THD 0,25% @ 1kHz / 100dB SPL
- Frequency response 5Hz-28kHz
- Loudspeaker 1.6" (40mm) Aluminum/Magnesium
- 'M'-shape dome
- Weight 0.99lb / 450g
- Cables provided
- 16.5ft (5m) unbalanced coiled cable (01 /4" TRS Jack)
- 3.9ft (1.2m) unbalanced cable (01/8" TRS Jack)
- 3.5 mm to 6.35 mm jack adapter
- Spare cushions 2 spare cushions provided
- Hard-shell carrying case provided 9.8"x9.4"x4.7" (250x240x120mm)