The xpressor 500 is an extremely versatile stereo compressor available in API's 500 series format. With its many unique features taken from our flagship products, you not only get great compression, but an amount of control on processing which is hardly ever experienced elsewhere.
No matter if you want to set and forget or plunge deep into the secrets of compression, the xpressor 500 is for you. Its discrete audio path running in constant class-A mode provides a superior audio quality which combines a clear and open sound with a good lot of punch.
Stereo buss compression, processing single signals, approaching dynamics in creative ways – the xpressor 500 shines in many different applications. Best of elysia? You got it!
- Discrete Class-A Topology
- Pristine audio quality.
- Auto Fast Attack
- Perfect attack in any situation.
- Switchable Release Characteristic
- Smooth or crisp – the choice is yours.
- Warm Mode
- Transparency? Saturation? Both!
- Parallel Compression
- Mixing direct and compressed signals.
- Sidechain Filter
- Frequency selective compression.
- Gain Reduction Limiter
- Ultimate control on the compression process.
- Made in Germany
- High grade components, solid aluminum knobs.
Frequency response: <10 Hz - 400 kHz (-3.0 dB)
@ 0 dBu, 20 Hz - 22 kHz, Mix 0 %: 0.002 %
@ 0 dBu, 20 Hz - 22 kHz, Mix 100 %: 0.006 %
@ +10 dBu, 20 Hz - 22 kHz, Mix 0 %: 0.003 %
@ +10 dBu, 20 Hz - 22 kHz, Mix 100 %: 0.056 %
20 Hz - 20 kHz (A-weighted): -94 dBu
20 Hz - 22 kHz: 115 dB
Input: +21 dBu
Output: +21 dBu
Input: 10 kOhm
Output: 68 Ohm
Total: 125 mA
Per slot: 63 mA