Blackmagic UltraStudio HD Mini
UltraStudio HD Mini features professional broadcast quality connections that include 3G-SDI, analog YUV and composite NTSC/PAL video inputs, along with a reference input. There are also two ¼” audio connections for analog audio input that work with balanced and HiFi sources. In addition, UltraStudio HD Mini can remote control professional broadcast decks using the built in RS-422 connection. For output, you get dual link 3G-SDI with fill and key, and an HDMI connection for monitoring video with a big screen television!
- SDI Video Inputs
- 1 x 3Gb/s SD/HD switchable.
- SDI Video Outputs
- 2 x 3Gb/s SD/HD switchable, supports fill and key.
- SDI Rates
- 270Mb, 1.5G, 3G
- Optical SDI
- HDMI Video Inputs
- HDMI Video Outputs
- 1 x HDMI 1.4b type A connector.
- Analog Video Inputs
- Y, B-Y, R-Y/NTSC/PAL.
- Analog Video Outputs
- Analog Audio Inputs
- 2 x 1/4 inch jack connectors for balanced and unbalanced analog audio.
- Analog Audio Outputs
- None, embedded audio only.
- SDI Audio Inputs
- 16 Channels embedded in SD and HD.
- SDI Audio Outputs
- 16 Channels embedded in SD and HD.
- HDMI Audio Outputs
- 2 Channels embedded in SD and HD.
- Timecode Connection
- None. RP-188 only.
- Reference Input
- Tri-Sync or Black Burst.
AVC-Intra, AVCHD, Canon XF MPEG2, Digital SLR, DV-NTSC, DV-PAL, DVCPRO50, DVCPROHD, DPX, HDV, XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, XDCAM HD422, DNxHD, DNxHR, Apple ProRes 4444, Apple ProRes 422 HQ, Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes LT, Apple ProRes 422 Proxy, Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2, Uncompressed 10‑bit 4:2:2.
- Software Included
- Media Express, Disk Speed Test, LiveKey, Blackmagic Desktop Video Utility and Blackmagic driver on Mac and Windows. Media Express, Blackmagic Desktop Video Utility and Blackmagic driver on Linux.
- Internal Software Upgrade
- Firmware built into software driver. Software driver loads upgrades at system start or via updater software.
- DaVinci Resolve
- Final Cut Pro X
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Avid Media Composer
- Adobe After Effects CC
- Avid Pro Tools
- Steinberg Cubase
- Steinberg Nuendo
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Other supported applications include:
- The Foundry Nuke, Grass Valley Edius, Sony Catalyst Production Suite, Tools On Air Just: Play & Live & In, Softron MovieRecorder & MReplay, Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder, Telestream Wirecast, Livestream Producer, Resolume Arena, Magix Vegas Pro & Movie Edit Pro Premium, Corel VideoStudio Pro, CyberLink PowerDirector, Vidblaster X & Studio & Broadcast, Uniplay One & CG, CasparCG Server, Magicsoft CG, Xsplit Broadcaster, Imagine Communications Velocity & InfoCaster, DevTek Easy Media Suite, Metus Ingest, Boinx Software MimoLive, Cinegy Capture Pro, vMix Live, Renewed Vision ProPresenter, Ventuz Director, Class X Liveboard & Coral CG, Glookast Capturer, Open Broadcaster Software Studio, Nautilus NEMO3D, Burst Video Webclip2Go & [REC]Marker, Autodesk Flame.
- SD Video Standards
- 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL
- HD Video Standards
- 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60
- 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60
- 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30
- 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- 2K Video Standards
- 2K DCI 23.98p, 2K DCI 24p, 2K DCI 25p, 2K DCI 23.98PsF, 2K DCI 24PsF, 2K DCI 25PsF
- Ultra HD Video Standards
- 4K Video Standards
- SDI Compliance
- SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M and SMPTE 425M A/B.
- SDI Metadata Support
- RP 188/SMPTE 12M-2 and closed captioning.
- Audio Sampling
- Television rate of 48kHz and 24 bit.
- SDI Video Sampling
- Color Space
- REC 601, REC 709.
- HDMI Resolution
- Pixel for pixel HD resolution input from connected device.
- Multiple Rate support
- SDI and HDMI video connections are switchable between standard definition and high definition. SDI switches between 270 Mb/s, 1.5 Gb/s and 3 Gb/s.
- Hardware Frame Buffer
- v210 (10 bit YUV), 2vuy (8 bit YUV), ARGB, BGRA (8 bit RGB), r210 (10 bit RGB), R12B,R12L (12 bit RGB).
- 8-bit RGB 4:4:4 up to 1080p30, and 8, 10-bit YUV 4:2:2 in all standards.
- 8, 10, 12-bit RGB 4:4:4 up to 1080p30, and 8, 10-bit YUV 4:2:2 in all standards.
- Computer Capture
- 1 x Thunderbolt™ 3 for Mac and Windows. Powers from Thunderbolt host computer, includes Blackmagic Desktop Video SDK.
- Built in Control Panel
- None. Supports Teranex Mini Smart Panel with 2.2 inch color display for video preview, audio meters and status.
- Device Control
- 1 x RS-422 deck control.
- Colorspace Conversion
- Hardware based real time.
- HD Down Conversion
- Real time 10-bit hardware down conversion on SDI B output when working in HD video formats on playback. Selectable between letterbox, anamorphic 16:9 and center cut 4:3 styles.
- Real Time Effects
- Final Cut Pro X internal effects. Premiere Pro CC Mercury Playback Engine effects. Avid Media Composer internal effects. DaVinci Resolve.
- Physical Installation
- Requires computer with a Thunderbolt™ 3 USB-C port. Please check support pages to see the full system requirements.
- Mac 10.14 Mojave, Mac 10.15 Catalina or later.
- Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, all 64-bit.
Powered by Thunderbolt cable. Requires computer with a Thunderbolt™ 3 USB-C port.
- Weight: 1.86 lbs
- Width x Height x Depth: 7.75 x 2 x 9
- Operating Temperature
- 5° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage Temperature
- -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Relative Humidity
- 0% to 90% non-condensing
- UltraStudio HD Mini
- SD card with software and manual
- DaVinci Resolve SD card
3 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.